You cannot see this page without javascript.

메뉴 건너뛰기

조회 수 2613 추천 수 0 댓글 0
Extra Form
전시제목 International Art Photography Project “나는 군인이다.” "I AM A SOLDIER."
전시기간 2016. 9. 28 ~ 10. 2
전시장소 국회의원회관 2층 로비 전시장 NATIONAL ASSEMBLY, MEMBERS’ OFFICE BUILDING, LOBBY
갤러리 주소 서울시 영등포구 의사당대로 1
작가 홈페이지 http://www.project-iamasoldier.com
Korea is emerging from a period of struggle that is not yet over. The physical and social scars of war might be less visible, but mentally and emotionally, the sorrowful bitterness of the Korean War still remains deep in the hearts of all Koreans. 10 years after his military service, the Korean born Photographer Rami Hyun, joined forces once again with the ROK army. While working on a project for the 1st Division ROK army he got the chance to interview soldiers and learned more about their believes, dignity and less visible scars. During that time he began to understand the language of the soldiers. And it was then when one particular story of a Sergeant Major serving in the 1st Division for almost 30 years, touched Rami Hyun strongly. He is never ashamed of his country but he feels very sorry for his family. As a father of two sons he has only a few memories of spending time with his children and wife during his years of military service. He’s biggest dream: “after I retire from the army I wish to go on a family trip for the first time in my life.” This is how the project “I am a Soldier” started. Recently, the project has grown to involve an international group of soldiers; NNSC, UNCMAC and US Army personnel currently serving in the Republic of Korea. Every soldier has his own personal story…, however the soldier’s duty is to protect his or her country; they all have in common. “As a photographer I want to document the true character of a soldier by capturing their beliefs, dignity and pride in wearing the uniform.” Seoul, 2016
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
  • ⓒ라미현 Rami Hyun
    “I AM A SOLDIER”
한국은 여전히 끝나지 않은 대립상황이 존재하는 시대에서 벗어 나려 하고 있다. 사회적으로나 물질적으로 전쟁의 상흔은 훨씬 희미해 졌을지 모르나 한국전쟁의 정신적, 감정적인 슬픔, 고통은 여전히 모든 한국인의 마음속에 뿌리 깊게 남아있다

한국 태생의 사진 작가 라미 현은 군복무를 마친후 10 년만에 다시 대한 민국 육군과 같이 일할 기회를 만났다. 대한민국 육군 제 1 사단과의 프로젝트를 진행하는 동안 그는 군인들을 인터뷰할 기회를 갖게 되었고 그들의 신념, 자존감, 그리고 희미하지만 아직도 남아있는 상흔에 대해 더 잘 이해하게 되었다.

그때 만나게 된 육군 제 1 사단에서 거의 30 년 동안 근무한 주임 원사의 이야기는 라미 현의 마음을 심하게 움직이게 했다. 그 주임원사는 그의 군복무가 나라에 부끄럼 없이 자랑스럽지만, 그의 가족에 대해서는 항상 미안한 마음을 품고 있다. 두 아들의 아버지인 그는 30 년 동안 육군에서 근무하는 동안 그의 가족과 보낸 시간과 사진이 거의 없다. 그의 가장 큰 꿈은 “군에서 전역한 후 내 생애 처음으로 가족 여행을 가 보는 것”이다. 이 스토리를 계기로“나는 군인이다” 프로젝트가 시작되었다.

최근에는 본 프로젝트가 해외의 군인들 이야기로까지 확산되고 있다. 대한민국에서 현재 복무하고 있는 NNSC(중립국 감독 위원회), UNCMAC(유엔사 군사 정전 위원회), US ARMY (미군) 군인들의 임무는 대한민국은 물론 그들의 조국을 수호하는 것이지만 모든 군인들은 그 자신만의 이야기가 있다. 그것이 그들 모두가 가진 공통점이다. "사진작가로서 나는 제복을 입는 그들의 신념, 자존감 및 자부심을 포착함으로써 군인들의 진정한 모습을 기록하고 싶다. 또한 이번 전시를 시작으로 전 세계 투어전시 및 UN 에 가입된 다른 국가들의 군복 프로젝트도 기대해 본다.”

2016 년 서울
Korea is emerging from a period of struggle that is not yet over. The physical and social scars of war might be less visible, but mentally and emotionally, the sorrowful bitterness of the Korean War still remains deep in the hearts of all Koreans.

10 years after his military service, the Korean born Photographer Rami Hyun, joined forces once again with the ROK army. While working on a project for the 1st Division ROK army he got the chance to interview soldiers and learned more about their believes, dignity and less visible scars. During that time he began to understand the language of the soldiers. And it was then when one particular story of a Sergeant Major serving in the 1st Division for almost 30 years, touched Rami Hyun strongly.

He is never ashamed of his country but he feels very sorry for his family. As a father of two sons he has only a few memories of spending time with his children and wife during his years of military service. He’s biggest dream: “after I retire from the army I wish to go on a family trip for the first time in my life.”

This is how the project “I am a Soldier” started. Recently, the project has grown to involve an international group of soldiers; NNSC, UNCMAC and US Army personnel currently serving in the Republic of Korea. Every soldier has his own personal story…, however the soldier’s duty is to protect his or her country; they all have in common. “As a photographer I want to document the true character of a soldier by capturing their beliefs, dignity and pride in wearing the uniform.”

The project “I am a soldier” provides photographic digital resolution to each model with the project’s aim to unveil the deeper truth beyond the surface.

Although the work will present uniform titles, the artist focuses solely on the soldiers’ dignity wearing the uniform, no matter what rank, gender and status.

Photography: Digital, Black & White, Inkjet prints on Canvas, Dimension 1200 H x 1500 W mm

This exhibition will also feature a film that documented the whole process from conceiving the idea to model shooting, installing, and artist’s interview.

Seoul, 2016
라미현 Rami Hyun

Ramy Hyun (1979- ) graduated from the HanYang University in Seoul, Korea. Rami Hyun began taking interest in photography in early 2000. His photographs are extremely personal and his first solo exhibition “I am a Soldier” pays tribute to the art of documentary photography. He tries to candidly capture the real-life of the portrayed model, not just as an observer but also in trying to bring out other facets such as pride and personality in wearing a military uniform. His conceptual style also pays homage to Richard Avedon who wrote once “You can only get beyond the surface by working with the surface”.

1979 Born in Seoul, Korea
2000 HanYang University Seoul, Korea
2004 Academy of Art University, San Francisco, USA
2010 AAU BFA Documentary photography major
2015 HanYang Graduated University Seoul, Korea (Education Art major)

Exhibitions
2008 Rami’s First step (San Francisco, Polk Gallery)
2010 She is in Paris (San Francisco, Lelandtea Gallery)
2010 7 days dating in Paris (Seoul, Iespoir, Korea)
2013 Art Edition (SETEX, Seoul, Korea)
2014 The portrait of Tree series (Myeong-dong catholic church gallery, Seoul, Korea)
2015 Art Edition Hong Kong (Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel, Hongkong, China)
2015 Belt Art Edition (Gallery Han, Seoul, Korea)
2015 Art Road (Gallery JM, Paju, Korea)
2016 “Foreseen and Unforeseen“ (ArtBn Gallery, Seoul, Korea)
2016 ASYAAF 2016 (International Asian Art Festival at DDP, Seoul, Korea)
2016 “I am a Soldier” ROKA series (ROKA army, Korea)

위로