You cannot see this page without javascript.

메뉴 건너뛰기

2017 10
2017.10.06 19:22

이준호 Lee Junho

조회 수 269 추천 수 0 댓글 0
Extra Form
전시제목 또 다른 시선 와인잔 이야기 Variegated Of Wine Glasses
전시기간 2017. 10. 10 ~ 10. 15
전시장소 사진위주 류가헌 전시2관 Ryugaheon, Seoul
갤러리 주소 서울특별시 종로구 청운동 113-3(자하문로 106) 02-720-2010
갤러리 홈페이지 http://www.ryugaheon.com
We all live in the same world, and yet each of us live our lives differently and with different emotions. I wanted to capture those differences through variegated expressions and realized the perfect medium for this was water. Water is strong. It is terrifying at times, and calm at other times. With so many facets to offer, water was ideal for illustrating human life. As a matter of function, a wine glass is simply a container of liquid. Yet it is designed specifically to unveil the nature of liquid as it is. In my series, wine glasses are much more than a tool; they are the human body, the container of our spirit. Variegated unravels the stories of our lives through wine glasses. I intended to embody the feelings we have in a single frame. The same photograph will leave different people with different feelings, urging them to remember their past. To some, our lives are mirrors of our past; to others, they are peeks into our future. But I chiefly focused on the past rather than on the future, accentuating this by contrasting black against white.
  • ⓒ이준호 Lee Junho
    위대한 시작
  • ⓒ이준호 Lee Junho
    즐거운 몸부림
  • ⓒ이준호 Lee Junho
    아름다워 지고 싶은 마음
  • ⓒ이준호 Lee Junho
    그대와의추억
  • ⓒ이준호 Lee Junho
    흔들리는 마음
  • ⓒ이준호 Lee Junho
    분노
  • ⓒ이준호 Lee Junho
    이별
  • ⓒ이준호 Lee Junho
    새로운 인연

와인잔에 담은 삶의 단면들
- 이준호 사진전 <또 다른 시선> 10월 10일부터 류가헌에서

바닥과 벽이 구분되지 않는 검은 어둠 속 투명한 와인잔이 수직으로 서있다. 와인잔 안에는 유리만큼 투명한 물이 담겨있다. 물은 잔 안팎으로 요동친다. 수많은 물방울 파편을 만들기도 하고, 굵은 물줄기를 잔 밖으로 뿜어내기도 한다. 흑백의 대비는 와인잔과 물의 모습을 더욱 선명하게 보여준다.

언뜻 먼발치에서 보면 동일한 구도와 명암으로 인해 여러 장의 비슷하고 단조로운 사진으로 보이기도 하지만 가까이 보면 물이 만들어내는 기포, 흐르는 방향, 움직이는 모양 등 모두가 전혀 다른 각각의 독립적인 이미지들이다.

이준호의 <또 다른 시선>의 사진들은, 물의 움직임과 형태에 따라 ‘기다림’, ‘만남’, ‘마음의 변화’, ‘이별’ 등 한 개인이 세상과 만나고, 타인과 관계를 맺어가는 이야기를 표현한다. 그는 삶에서 만나는 여러 감정과 사건들을 와인잔에 담았다.

<또 다른 시선> 시리즈의 시작은, 생활 가까이 자리한 사물을 통해 인간의 삶을 비유하는 사진이 가능할까 하는 모색에서 부터 비롯되었다.

작가는 중학교 때 처음 필름카메라로 사진을 시작했지만, 경제적인 상황 등 여러 이유로 사진을 지속할 수 없었다. 어른이 된 이후에는 생업에 종사하느라 또 겨를이 없었다. 그런데도 사진 작업에 대한 동경과 열망이 사라지지 않았다. 디지털카메라의 등장과 함께 접근성이 예전보다 용이해지자, 이제는 촬영대상과의 물리적 거리가 문제였다.

일상에서 단순하지만 다양한 형태로 표현 가능한 피사체를 고민케 되었고 그때 눈길을 끈 것이 와인잔이었다. 잔 안에 든 액체가 정신과 마음이라면, 잔은 그것을 담는 신체와 같았다.

와인잔과 물을 주인공삼아 이준호는 자신만의 무대를 연출했다. 다양한 감정들을 시각화하기 위해 조명을 들고 와인잔에 물을 따르기도 하고, 빨대로 불기도 했다. 또 스틱으로 휘젓기도 하고, 물체를 떨어뜨리기도 했다. 수많은 시도가 이어졌고, 찰나의 순간을 포착하기 위해 셀 수 없이 셔터를 눌렀다.

<또 다른 시선>는 그렇게 우연과 노력이 만나 얻어진 사진들이다. 작업은 사진책과 전시로 묶여 2017년 10월 10일부터 15일까지 갤러리 류가헌 전시 2관에서 선보여진다.

Lee Junho Photo Exhibition: Variegated of Wine Glasses
Life in a Wine Glass

In the pitch-black darkness which envelopes the walls, a single clear wine glass stands. The glass holds water as clear as itself. The water splashes to and from and out of the glass, scattering droplets and streaks of water. The black overlaying the white accentuates the glass and the water even further.

From afar, the photographs appear monotonous and almost repetitive, one similar to the next in composition and chiaroscuro. But upon closer reflection, their individual uniqueness becomes apparent in their watery form and exclusive directionality and movement.

Lee Junho’s photo collection entitled Variegated uses movement and water to represent the interactions and relationships between an individual and the world around her, as seen in "Waiting," "Meeting," "Change of Heart," and "Parting." Flickers of emotion and life events are melded together and embodied in wine glasses.

The Variegated collection grew from a concept in which the photographer began to explore mundane objects and their potential to illustrate human life metaphorically.

The author’s first encounter with photography was through a film camera he owned when he was in middle school. However, he was not able to continue his passion for photography due to a number of reasons, one of which was financial. When he grew out of boyhood, he still could not find the opportunity to explore art, buried in his busy work of surviving in the capitalist world. However, years and years away from his camera did not snuff out his passion for photography. Indeed, he welcomed the widespread emergence of highly accessible digital cameras and now the only thing in his path was the physical distance between him and his subjects.

Contemplating simple, easily approachable objects to study, the photographer's eyes fell on a wine glass. If the liquid held inside were the heart and the spirit, the glass holding the spirit had to be its body.

With wine glasses and water as his stars, Lee set his own stage. Hints and rushes of emotions are presented through a kaleidoscope of visual wonders – water is poured into a wine glass and it flutters under a puff of air blown through a straw. It is stirred with a stick and bursts as water is dropped into it. Countless attempts were made to capture the precise moment of culmination.

Variegated is the result of ephemeral moments captured just so.

또 다른 시선, 와인잔 이야기

- 와인 잔을 찍게 된 동기
세상을 살아가면서 우리가 느껴왔던 느낌을 다르게 표현을 하고 싶었고 그 대상으로 물을 선택하였다. 물은 때로는 강하게, 때로는 무섭게, 때로는 평온하게, 다양한 모습을 가지고 있어 우리의 삶을 표현하기에는 너무나 좋은 대상이었다. 와인잔은 단순하게 물을 담는 그릇이지만 물의 여러 형태를 보여 질 수 있도록 한 도구이다. 하지만 작품에서의 와인 잔은 단순 도구를 넘어 우리의 마음을 담는 그릇이고 우리의 몸을 비유한 것이다.
또 다른 시선이라는 와인잔 이야기는 우리의 인생을 단편으로 보여주는 스토리이다. 우리가 살아가면서 느껴왔던 부분을 한 장의 사진으로 표현하고 싶었다. 이 한 장을 보고 보는 사람들마다 다른 느낌을 받을 것이고, 자신의 과거를 다시 한 번 더 돌아보는 계기를 가지게 하고 싶었다. 우리의 삶은 어느 한 사람에게는 과거가 되고, 어느 한 사람에게는 미래가 될 것이다. 하지만 미래적인 부분보다 과거적인 부분에 중점을 두게 되었고, 모든 작품을 흑백으로 촬영하게 되었다.

- 작품 설명
현대 사회는 과거에 비해서 쉽게 만나고 쉽게 해어지게 된다. 자신의 행복을 찾아서 떠나는 그들만의 삶의 일부를 표현한 작품이다.
우리는 세상을 태어나기 위해서 8개월의 기다림을 가지게 된다. 이러한 기다림이 끝난 후에는 세상에 태어나 자신의 삶을 살게 되고 삶을 살면서 여러 사람들과 만나게 된다. 그리고 그들과 함께 어울려 즐거움을 알게 되고 주위 한경과 주위 사람의 의해서 자신의 마음에 변화가 생기게 된다.
이러한 마음에 변화는 우리를 변화하게 만들고 다른 사람에게 잘 보이고 싶은 마음을 가지게 한다. 이러한 계기로 인하여 한 사람과 만나게 되고 그 사람과 추억을 쌓게 되는 것이다. 또한 그 사람과 오랜 시간 함께 하면서 상대방에게 마음이 끌리게 된다. 이러한 과정을 거쳐서 자신에게는 자신도 모르게 마음이 흔들리면서 서로만의 깊은 관계를 가지게 된다.
우리는 두 번째의 삶 가지면서 자녀를 가지게 되고 인생을 살게 된다. 하지만 이러한 행복에서도 불행은 찾아온다. 좋은 것만 보였던 그 사람에 대해서 좋지 않은 것들이 보이기 시작 하게 되면서 불행의 서서히 다가오게 된다. 그리고 그러한 불행이 커지면서 두려움이 생기게 되고 두려움이 모여서 분노가 되고 그리고 서로의 관계가 돌이킬 수 없는 관계로 발전되면서 이별을 가지게 된다.
이별을 가지면서 자신에 대해서 다시 한 번 더 생각을 하게 되고 복잡했던 모든 감정들을 정리 하고 마음에 묻혀두기 시작을 한다. 자신의 감정들이 정리가 되면서 우리는 새로운 사람을 만나게 되고 예전에 범했던 실수를 기반으로 아름다운 노후의 삶을 살게 된다.
우리는 세상을 살면서 많은 일들과 감정을 느끼면서 살게 되고 모든 것을 놓아두고 우리는 그렇게 함께 떠난다.

- 히스토리
중학교 시절을 보내면서 사진에 대해서 관심을 가지게 되었고 사실을 바탕으로 필름 사진기로 촬영을 하였다. 하지만 금전적인 문제로 인하여 2달 만에 사진의 취미는 접어 두어야 하였고, 차후 안정적으로 자리를 잡게 되면 다시 시작을 하겠다고 결심을 하고 다른 사람들과 같이 단조로운 삶을 살고 있었다. 그러던 2011년에 어떠한 계기로 인하여 사진을 시작 하게 되었고 넉넉한 형편은 아니었지만, 디지털 카메라가 널리 보급이 되어 있어 사진을 다시 시작하기에는 부족함이 없었다.
2011년도에 사진을 다시 시작을 하면서 있는 그대로의 사진을 많이 촬영을 하였다. 그러던 중 2013년도에 물속에 비친 반영을 보고 우리 인생의 외로운 부분을 느끼게 되었다. 그 사진 이후 우리가 살아가면서 삶의 모습을 풍경에서 찾기 시작을 하였다. 하지만 생업으로 인하여 많은 시간을 투자 하지 못하게 되었고 작업도 늦어지게 되었다. 그래서 다시 우리 주변에서 우리의 삶을 표현을 할 수 있는 피사체를 찾기 시작을 하였다. 우연한 계기로 와인잔을 촬영하게 되었고 우리의 삶에 대해서 표현하기 좋겠다고 생각하여 와인잔의 이야기를 촬영하게 되었다.

와인잔은 우리의 삶의 일부를 표현한 작품이다. 와인잔은 우리의 정신과 육체를 표현하고, 와인을 담고 있는 액체는 우리의 감정을 표현한 것이다. 그리고 우리와 함께 살아가는 다른 사람들을 과일에 비유하였다. 와인잔 이야기인데 와인을 사용하지 않고 과일을 사용한 까닭은 똑같지만 다르게 살고 있는 우리의 모습을 비유하기 위해서다.

Variegated Of Wine Glasses

- Why Wine Glasses?
We all live in the same world, and yet each of us live our lives differently and with different emotions. I wanted to capture those differences through variegated expressions and realized the perfect medium for this was water. Water is strong. It is terrifying at times, and calm at other times. With so many facets to offer, water was ideal for illustrating human life. As a matter of function, a wine glass is simply a container of liquid. Yet it is designed specifically to unveil the nature of liquid as it is. In my series, wine glasses are much more than a tool; they are the human body, the container of our spirit.
Variegated unravels the stories of our lives through wine glasses. I intended to embody the feelings we have in a single frame. The same photograph will leave different people with different feelings, urging them to remember their past. To some, our lives are mirrors of our past; to others, they are peeks into our future. But I chiefly focused on the past rather than on the future, accentuating this by contrasting black against white.

- About the Series
In the modern world, it is now much easier to meet someone and part ways with them than it had been in the past. This series highlights these moments of our lives on our journey to discover happiness.
Before we are born unto the world, we spend 8 months waiting in the dark. When the wait is over, we enter the world, live our lives, and meet people. With these other people, we learn about joy and see our hearts grow and evolve with the environment and people around us.
Throughout life, we are compelled to change in hopes of pleasing a special someone. It is such a strong motivator that one builds a relationship with that person and create fond memories with them. Naturally, as time passes and we spend more and more time with that loved one, that person becomes dear to our hearts and we helplessly grow intimately close.
Enjoying this second phase of life, we welcome children of our own into the world. But misfortune finds its way in. We begin to see the flaws that we had been previously oblivious to and woes creep in. Woes snowball into fear, fear into anger. The relationship spirals out of control, and the only option we can see is to part ways.
Alone again, we re-examine our hearts. We sort out all the complexities plaguing us and bury them deep inside ourselves. We slowly put everything in order and it is then that we meet a new soul. We remember our past mistakes and build a beautiful life thereon.
Leaving behind the feelings and turmoil in life, they – we – depart.

- History
I first became interested in photography when I was in middle school. I dabbled with a film camera in order to reproduce the world as I saw it. However, financial issues soon caught up with me, and I abandoned my camera only two months after I had first picked it up. "I will get back to it when I grow up and get settled down," I thought. My life moved on, as monotonously as any other. It was not until 2011 that I took up photography again. I was not as well-off as I had imagined I'd be, but the widespread availability of digital cameras made the choice easier.
My photographs from 2011 captured things as they were, but one day in 2013, I saw a reflection in the water and a sudden bout of loneliness struck me. From then on, I began to look traces of human life in the world around me. However, I found that my day job held me back from investing more time into my photography. I was forced then to find the perfect subject around me. One day, I happened upon a wine glass. Curiously, I found that the wine glass served as an excellent metaphor for life, and since then, I have continued to photograph them.

My wine glasses represent the many minute facets of life. My wine glasses mirror the spirit and body of you and me, and the liquid that my wine glasses hold are our inner selves. The people around us who share their lives with us are portrayed as fruits. I employed fruits, not wine, in combination with the wine glasses in order to draw attention to the heterogeneous nature of individuals who are seemingly homogeneous.

이준호 Lee Junho

1979년 11월 11일(음)

- 입상 경력
- 각종 21회 사진대회 입선.
- 사천시 옛사진 공모전 사천시 최초의 삼천포 항공사진 은 상
- 제1회 워싱턴 국제사진전 워싱턴지회 고 독 입 선
- 2012 사천관광 전국사진 공모전 사천시 코끼리바위 동 상
- 제37회 경남사협 합동전 경남도지회 구 성 십걸상
- 제24회 경남사진대회 경남도지회 고 심 입 선
- 제25회 경남사진대전 경남도지회 자연의 섭리 입 선
- 제26회 경남사진대전 경남도지회 기 도 입 선

- 한국 사진 작가협회 사천 지부 사무국장.
- 2015년 제 18회 경상남도&전라남도 사진 교류전 참여.
- 2015년 제 1회 한, 중 국제사진 교류전 참여.
- 2016년 제 19회 경상남도&전라남도 사진 교류전 참여.
- 2016년 제 2회 한, 중 국제사진 교류전 참여.

Lee Junho

November 11, 1979 (lunar calendar)

- AWARDS
- 21 awards won from photography contests
- Sacheon Old Photography Contest Sacheon City First Aerial Photo of Samcheonpo Silver
- The First Washington International Photography Contest Washington Branch Solitude Participation Award
- The 2012 Sacheon National Tourism Photography Competition Sacheon City Elephant Rock Bronze
- The 37th Joint Photo Exhibition by Gyeongnam Branch of The Photo Artist Society of Korea Gyeongnam Branch Composition Ten-Giants Award
- The 24th Gyeongnam Photo Contest Gyeongnam Branch Painstaking Participation Award
- The 25th Gyeongnam Photo Contest Gyeongnam Branch Law of Nature Participation Award
- The 26th Gyeongnam Photo Contest Gyeongnam Branch Prayer Participation Award

- Secretary-General for Sacheon Branch, The Photo Artist Society of Korea
- Participated in the 18th Gyeongnam & Jeonnam Photo Festival, 2015
- Participated in the 1st Korea-China International Photo Festival, 2015
- Participated in the 19th Gyeongnam & Jeonnam Photo Festival, 2016
- Participated in the 2nd Korea-China International Photo Festival, 2016

위로