You cannot see this page without javascript.

메뉴 건너뛰기

조회 수 528 추천 수 0 댓글 0
Extra Form
전시제목 ToV - 모두가 나에게만 이야기해주지 않았다
전시기간 2015. 5. 20 ~ 5. 31
전시장소 갤러리토픽
갤러리 주소 서울시 중구 필동 2가 19-5 B1(02 2270 4775)
갤러리 홈페이지 http://gallerytopic.com
관람시간 평일 11:00-19:00 / 주말 12:00-17:00 / 전시기간 중 휴관없음
기타 오프닝리셉션: 5월 23일 토요일 오후 3시
In due time, everyone finds out one’s partner and gets married. In such wise, I fell in love and naturally had a baby. A duty of humankind. Breeding. I gave up my job and concentrated only on prenatal education. I became the protagonist of the world. The sunlight, air, snow, and all the things existed for me. As I podded up, I found a fish in a fish tank in my house. In the small space, they find a partner and breed cub, but I did not realize that it was an onset of happiness and suffering at the same time. 10 months inside the house… I was awaiting delivery just looking out of window. I thought everything will be lightened after delivery. Since ToV was brought home after birth, I have never experienced a deep sleep until today. I felt a big burden from the fact that a tender and small life is looking only at me. I had thought I would have been happy as the children and parents on TV. I was so naïve that I was deceived by the media that shows only a piece of the whole. It was so uncomfortable and burdensome. I expected to be naturally adapted to the title as ‘mom’, but it made me depressed. Without any reason, I just cried and my battered self-regard left me alone inside the house. One day, I didn’t say a word. A hope out of the long cave of agony was, ironically, my baby. As he started to crawl and walk, I found happiness. Above all, I could see myself in his eyes. As soon as I realized that my baby was looking at the world through me, I had to abandon my selfishness which made me worry about only myself. I taught him the world, and the sound of happy laughter brought me the best happiness of the world. My baby’s fingers are tiny, the body is a bit bigger than adult’s hand, and his legs are as big as my forearm. His head is as small as a mini ball, and the eyes are like the most beautiful glass beads of the world. I am becoming a mom to protect them. Even though I am not perfect, I am growing that way with my baby. I sometimes think that my baby might more perfect than me. I respect all moms, and I appreciate my parents for bearing and growing me. I’d like to say ‘I love you’ to my baby for making me aware of that.
  • ⓒ박새롬 Park Sae Rom
  • ⓒ박새롬 Park Sae Rom
  • ⓒ박새롬 Park Sae Rom
  • ⓒ박새롬 Park Sae Rom
  • ⓒ박새롬 Park Sae Rom
  • ⓒ박새롬 Park Sae Rom
  • ⓒ박새롬 Park Sae Rom
  • ⓒ박새롬 Park Sae Rom
  • ⓒ박새롬 Park Sae Rom
  • ⓒ박새롬 Park Sae Rom
  • ⓒ박새롬 Park Sae Rom
  • ⓒ박새롬 Park Sae Rom
아이와 함께 하는 엄마를 위한 전시. 아이들은 본디 발에 기가 있다고 한다. 뛰어다니고 소리지르고… 엄마들이 그런 아이들을 데리고 전시장에 간다는 건 엄두도 나지 않는다. "얘야, 쉿 조용히. 만지면 안돼" 등 관람보단 아이에게 제지만 가하죠. 하지만 엄마의 마음을 아는 전시가 여기 있습니다. 전시장이지만 아이들이 신나게 뛰어 다닐 수 있고 세팅되어 있는 자동차, 미끄럼틀, 그네에서 신나게 놀 수 있고, 스케치북과 크레용을 준비해 그림도 그릴 수 있구요. 엄마는 여유롭게 전시관람을 할 수 있죠. 놀다가 아이와 함께 사진전을 보며 이야기할 수도 있습니다. 엄마와 아이가 함께 나누고픈 전시. 이번 박새롬 작가의 전에서 만날 수 있습니다.
ToV - 모두가 나에게만 이야기 해주지 않았다.

박새롬

때가 되면 누가나 짝을 만나서 결혼을 한다. 그렇게 나도 사랑을 하고 자연스레 아이도 갖게 되었다.
인류가 꼭 해야만 하는 한가지. 번식.
하던 일도 접고 오로지 태교에 힘썻다. 나는 세상의 주인공이 되어 있었다. 햇살, 공기, 눈 모든 것이 나를 위해 존재했다. 배가 불러오는 어느 날 집에 있던 어항 속 물고기가 눈에 들어왔다. 좁은 어항에서 짝을 만나고 번식하는 모습이 행복과 동시에 고난의 암시였다는 걸 그땐 알지 못했다. 그렇게 집에서의 10개월... 창 밖만 바라보며 출산을 기다렸다. 출산을 끝으로 모든 것이 가벼워 질 거라 생각했다.

토브가 태어나 집으로 왔을 때부터 지금까지 깊은 잠을 자본적이 없다.
작고 연약한 생명이 나 하나만을 바라보고 있다는 자체가 나에게는 큰 부담이었다. TV속에 나오는 아이와 부모처럼 행복할 줄만 알았다. TV는 단편적인 모습만 보여 준다는 것을 순진하게 속아버리고 말았다.

참 불편하고 부담스럽다.
자연스레 적응 될 줄 알았던 엄마라는 호칭은 결국 우울하게 만들었다. 아무 이유 없이 울고 바닥 까지 떨어진 자존감은 집에만 있는 외톨이로 만들었다. 어떤 날은 단 한마디도 말을 하지 않았다.
그렇게 끝이 안보이던 나날에 찾아와준 희망은 아이러니하게 아이였다.
조금씩 기고 일어나고 그리고 걷는 그 모습에서 기쁨을 느꼈다. 무엇보다도 눈동자에서 나를 보게 되었다. 그리고 이 아이는 나를 통해 세상을 바라보고 있음을 느끼는 순간 더 이상 스스로만 생각하는 이기적인 나를 버려야 했다. 아이를 안고 세상을 가르치고 행복하다며 웃는 그 웃음소리는 나를 최고로 행복하게 만들어줬다.

아이의 손가락은 작고 여리고 몸통은 어른손바닥 보다 조금 크고 다리는 팔뚝만 하다. 머리는 작은공 만하며 눈은 세상에서 가장 아름다운 유리구슬 같다. 나는 그것을 지켜줘야 하는 엄마가 되고 있다. 아직 완벽하지 않지만 그렇게 나도 아이와 함께 성장 하며 크고 있다. 아마 아이가 나 보다 더 완벽할지도 모른다는 생각이 들기도 하다.

작품을 통해 모든 엄마를 존경 한다고 전하고 싶다. 마지막으로 나를 낳아주시고 길러주신 부모님께 감사하다. 그것을 알게 해준 나의 아이에게 사랑한다고 전하고 싶다.
Only I was not told.

In due time, everyone finds out one’s partner and gets married. In such wise, I fell in love and naturally had a baby.
A duty of humankind. Breeding.
I gave up my job and concentrated only on prenatal education. I became the protagonist of the world. The sunlight, air, snow, and all the things existed for me. As I podded up, I found a fish in a fish tank in my house. In the small space, they find a partner and breed cub, but I did not realize that it was an onset of happiness and suffering at the same time. 10 months inside the house… I was awaiting delivery just looking out of window. I thought everything will be lightened after delivery.
Since ToV was brought home after birth, I have never experienced a deep sleep until today.
I felt a big burden from the fact that a tender and small life is looking only at me. I had thought I would have been happy as the children and parents on TV. I was so naïve that I was deceived by the media that shows only a piece of the whole.
It was so uncomfortable and burdensome.
I expected to be naturally adapted to the title as ‘mom’, but it made me depressed. Without any reason, I just cried and my battered self-regard left me alone inside the house. One day, I didn’t say a word.
A hope out of the long cave of agony was, ironically, my baby.
As he started to crawl and walk, I found happiness. Above all, I could see myself in his eyes. As soon as I realized that my baby was looking at the world through me, I had to abandon my selfishness which made me worry about only myself. I taught him the world, and the sound of happy laughter brought me the best happiness of the world.

My baby’s fingers are tiny, the body is a bit bigger than adult’s hand, and his legs are as big as my forearm. His head is as small as a mini ball, and the eyes are like the most beautiful glass beads of the world. I am becoming a mom to protect them. Even though I am not perfect, I am growing that way with my baby. I sometimes think that my baby might more perfect than me.

I respect all moms, and I appreciate my parents for bearing and growing me. I’d like to say ‘I love you’ to my baby for making me aware of that.
박새롬 Park, Sae Rom

학력
2015 홍익대학교 일반대학원 사진전공 박사과정 휴학
2012 홍익대학교 산업미술대학원 사진디자인전공 석사 졸업
2010 상명대학교 사진영상미디어과 졸업
2007 서울예술대학 사진과 졸업

개인전
2013 박새롬 개인전, 갤러리 라메르, 서울
2012 Lady in the Water, 가나아트스페이스, 서울
2011 It`s A Monkey Business, 누다 갤러리, 서울

그룹전
2012 Just a Normal Person, 한빛미디어갤러리, 서울
2012 2012 아시아프, 서울역, 서울
2012 고요한아침의나라, WAYSOFSEEING, 서울
2011 거울나라의 앨리스, 갤러리 보다, 서울
2011 2011 아시아프, 홍익대학교, 서울
2011 서울포토2011, 코엑스, 서울
2011 부재전, 선인장, 서울
2010 Process for Progress전, 갤러리 보다, 서울
2010 대구사진비엔날레 2010 국제젊은사진가전, 봉산문화회관, 대구
2009 아시아 탑 갤러리 호텔 아트 페어 젊은사진가전, 동경금산갤러리, 동경
2009 상상의 재현, 재현의 상상, 갤러리 나우, 서울
2009 2009 클레버스 전국 대학생 창작 사진전, 소노 팩토리 갤러리, 서울
2009 서울국제판화사진아트페어, 예술의전당, 서울
2009 도배전, 갤러리 도어, 서울
2009 Wood & Recycle전, 갤러리 각, 서울
2009 아시아 탑 갤러리 호텔 아트 페어09 영아티스트, 하얏트호텔, 서울
2009 2009동강국제사진제 젊은사진가전 : 마술피리, 영월군의회, 강원도
2009 서울포토2009, 코엑스, 서울
2009 또 다른 시선에 놓인 사람들, 아트비트갤러리, 서울
2007 탐, 31갤러리, 서울

수상
2009 2009 클레버스 전국 대학생 창작 사진전, 동상
2006 제14회 한국 광고 사진 대전, 은상
박새롬 Park, Sae Rom

Education
2015 Hongik University, Enrolled Ph.D program in Photography
2012 MA in Photographic Design, Hongik University graduate school of Industrial Art
2010 BFA in Photography & Image media, Sang Myung University
2007 AD in Photography, Seoul Institute of the Arts

Solo Exhibition
2013 Park Sae Rom Solo Exhibition, Gallery La Mer, Seoul
2012 Lady in the Water, Gana art space, Seoul
2011 It`s A Monkey Business, Gallery NUDA, Daejeon

Group Exhibition
2012 Just a Normal Person, HANBIT MEDIA GALLERY , Seoul
2012 Hvar er ARROARLAND?, WAYSOFSEEING, Seoul
2012 2012 Asian Students and Young Artist Art Festival, Seoul station, Seoul
2011 Glass and What Alice Found There, Gallery Boda Contemporary, Seoul
2011 2011 Asian Students and Young Artist Art Festival, Hongik University, Seoul
2011 Seoul Photo 2011, COEX, Seoul
2011 Absence, Suninjang, Seoul
2010 Process for Progress, Gallery Boda Contemporary, Seoul
2010 Daegu Photo Biennale 2010 Young Artist, Bongsan Cultural Center, Daegu
2009 Asia Top Gallery Hotel Art Fair Young Artist, Keumsan Gallery, Tokyo
2009 Representation of Imagination of Fepresentation, Gallery Now, Seoul
2009 2009 CLEBUS PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST, Sono Factory Gallery, Seoul
2009 2009 Seoul International Print,Photo&Edition Works Art Fair, Seoul Arts Center, Seoul
2009 Papering, Gallery Door, Seoul
2009 Wood & Recycle, Gallery Gac, Seoul
2009 Asia Top Gallery Hotel Art Fair 09 Young Artist, HYATT Hotel, Seoul
2009 2009 Dong gang International Photo Festival, Yeongwol County Council, Gangwondo
2009 Seoul Photo 2009, COEX, Seoul
2009 People on Another View, Artbit Gallery, Seoul
2007 Tam, 31 Gallery, Seoul

Award
2009 2009 CLEBUS PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
2006 The 14th Exhibition of Korea Advertising Photographic Awards

위로