You cannot see this page without javascript.

메뉴 건너뛰기

전시도록
2016.05.03 00:25

박세희 SEHEE SARAH BARK- THE SPACE IN BETWEEN

조회 수 445 추천 수 0 댓글 0
Extra Form
작가 Artist 박세희 SEHEE SARAH BARK
발행일 Published Date 2016. 4
작가 Homepage(A) http://seheebark.wix.com/seheesarahbark

Intro My main idea relies on the idea of mimesis.- rediscovering the existence of an idea and its re interpretation through art. Through my own personal narratives, I want to find a metanarrative, representational of a greater truth. By inviting audiences to engage with my installations I hope a metanarrative can also be de-crypted by the viewer in their own way, using their own narratives as a vehicle.  My interpretation of Plato’s cave and of the person returning, trying to describe what he had just seen to the other cave dwellers, is metaphorical too of an artist trying to re create an idea or ‘truth’ to an audience. Which is difficult without simulacra, media art works as a medium which restricts an imaginary realm being created, by offering the viewer an environment. I only want to offer fragments of a reality, as layers, open to interpretation.  Narrative / Nomadic (a journey in my life) I had to move from place to place many times even inside this relatively small city, Gwangju for many rea-sons. Then, I went to Dae-jeon and a bit far to Russia. So, my childhood was all about ‘move’. As it repeatedly happened to me, I became naturally hesitant to sign a contract with anyone and comfortable staying in a space of 1 Pyong or 3.30 square meters not trying to bring in anything big to the room. In other words, I always got ready to leave a place whenever I had to. So, my life was a series of journey and became adven-turous, leading me into New York and then London. Whenever I stop to look back to think about my job as artist, every each tiny piece of my life was found created upon those moves. I have begun to pin much of focus on it since I realized it.
?

1. 김경희 KIM Kyunghee 개인전 사람의 나무 Tree of Man

Views : 738
  2. 한문순 HAN moonsoon : 여기, 우리가 만나는, Here we meet

Views : 301
  3. 2022 여성사진페스티벌 : 명랑주파수 Cheeful Hertz 전

Views : 235
  4. 안세홍 겹겹프로젝트

Views : 462
  5. 김승택 발길 가는 대로 거닐다 Seung-taek Kim Take a Promiscuous Stroll

Views : 223
  6. 제1회 2016 여성사진페스티벌 The 1st 2016 Woman Photo Festival